3.3.09

Bartering

The snow's gone and the birds are twittering, Spring is just around the corner. Must be time to blow the cobwebs off the old clubs and take a few practise swings in the garden. I know the pro's take a good divot with a short iron, but hacking a slice of turf from the lawn is never a confidence builder for me. Probably a good idea to book a couple of lessons at my local golf club.

They say that cash is king, especially in these economic times, but I prefer something else. Armed with some merchandise, I'm looking for that twinkle of opportunity in the young pro's poker face eyes for an exchange of services. I hope he's feelin he's got a bargain. A couple of brand spanking new Golf Refugees carbon neutral organic cotton polo shirts and a dozen box of original black balls for three lessons. Who needs pie and mash?
-------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment