8.2.12

YOU ARE WHAT YOU READ


Drawing by Mirela Srsa


I sometimes read and I’m sure others also read golf apparel reviews by ‘independent’ reviewers. But I’m starting to ask myself, Am I just a ‘one off’ or are these reviewers a little bit lazy, lacking in curiosity or just trying to appease their true masters?

I keep reading all about the new technologies for example; 'cool elite technology', 'double moisture wicking' and 'anti-bacterial treatments'. But is it enough just to reiterate these marketing lines?

I appreciate I may be alone in this, but one day I’d just like to read an independent apparel review where the author investigates what lies behind the technology. Which chemicals are used and how these chemicals are processed to produce the garments.


At least then golfers would be informed of exactly what they are wearing next to their skin.

-------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment